iMIS Consultant / Business Analyst
Bursting Silver Background
Bursting Silver is a professional services company focused on delivering technical solutions to Canadian and US associations, unions, regulatory bodies and non-governmental agencies. Bursting Silver has staff across Canada and the United States. We pride ourselves on having fun while we work, and we are looking for team members who have a passion for technology, are driven by providing exceptional service to clients, and love to find creative solutions to solve tough problems. Our service offerings include mobile applications, web-based applications, IT strategy, business analysis, project management, data migrations, system upgrades and application support.
- You are an ambitious and accountable person, who is driven by serving clients, have a passion for technology, and love to find creative solutions to solve tough problems.
- You are smart, agile, and self-motivated and can take an assignment head-on and run with it.
- You are a strong communicator (English) with a friendly and helping personality.
- You have a disciplined “get it done” work ethic that will allow you to work productively in a variety of environments – whether at the office, a client’s office, at your home office desk/couch…or Starbucks.
- You are all about Team. Although we may not always be at the same place or working on the same project at the same time – we are always connected and communicating with one another to support each other. We leverage technology to the max.
- You care. About your clients, your team, and your community. Giving back is such an integral part of what we do.
If this list describes you, please read on:
Bursting Silver is seeking an iMIS Consultant to join our team. This position will require excellent questioning and listening skills and experience in solving business requirements through best practice usage of iMIS and the ability to adjust their style to suit the customer culture and experience. This will include leading and documenting requirements gathering then aligning those requirements to the iMIS product suite or working as part of the project team during implementations, as well as providing training and guidance on the product.
Requirements, Technical Skills And Qualifications
- Association Industry knowledge
- Prior experience implementing and supporting iMIS or other association management systems
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong problem solving
- Proficiency in creating queries & reports using IQA, crystal reports, and/or SSRS reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be efficient and highly productive
- Assists in/leads the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Holds regular status meetings with the development team.
- Keeps development team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and a knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives.
What We Offer
- Flexible work hours
- Subsidized mobile phone
- Flexible work locations (e.g. remote working from home)
- Extra paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day (not included as vacation hours)
- Professional development fund
- Annual retreat at an exciting destination
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- As soon as possible
Please forward applications via email to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and resume. In the e-mail subject line, please indicate the position title “iMIS Consultant / Business Analyst”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only be able to contact individuals being invited for an interview.