Typically when working with clients, they have a current credit card processor and they have negotiated a discounted rate for their credit card processing. One key point many clients aren’t aware of is that there is a non profit rate. They will usually get a better rate if they go through this process but will need to submit some support documents to show that they are a registered non profit.
Anyways here are 2 possible routes I recommend encouraging clients to go if they aren’t using moneris.
- Use just payflow pro and paypal as the payment gateway
- The transaction fee is 1.6 plus 0.30 per transaction
- You will need to provide proof that they are a registered charity to obtain this rate
- Option 2
- Use payflow pro with their existing payment gate. IE Having td, or global payments etc do the credit card processing
- Will need to contact paypal to ensure that the processor works with payflow pro. Most do but not all.
- Cost is 0.10 per transaction plus a 25 dollar monthly fee and a one time 99 setup fee
Here is a link for more detailed information.